These last four years at the Phoenix…
- I’ve seen at least a dozen Photoshoppings of Mayor Menino. I fully expect to see a dozen more.
- I’ve maintained a list of some of the most hilarious comments overheard from our classifieds Customer Service Reps. (“Sir, are you looking for a relationship? Or just a wild sexy time?”)
- I’ve built the same site, three times, on three different CMS’s. And it was porn.
- I’ve had a beer or two with some of the most compelling voices in alt journalism.
- I never actually learned the proper naming convention and folder structure for our shared graphics files.
- I’ve found an empty bottle of Grey Goose in my desk drawer.
- Almost every font I use is downloaded and imported, which I’ve been made to understand can make the entire network explode, the roof collapse, the gates of hell swing open, and the reckoning commence.
- I’ve saved a copy of Clif Garboden’s “Off the Press” in my email draftbox, and have memorized pieces of it.
- I’ve found myself in awe of my colleagues; not just for what they do, but why they do it.
- I established the DS Rejection Collection. And filled it out quite nicely, pretty quickly.
- I’ve made a cameo in at least a thousand tourists’ photos of Fenway Park. I’m huge in Japan.
- I got (almost) free coffee at Il Giardino’s for a while, when they thought that I was Italian.
- I’ve been Hoovered up to the Heavens on the day of Rapture.
- I’ve gone to the NENPA awards to watch my colleagues kick ass.
- I still can’t hear a difference between Passion Pit and Naked and Famous.
[ More + ]